• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it too late to charge him?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

what_2_do

What is the name of your state? AZ
I got pregnant at 17 while dating a 24 year old. When my parents found out about it they forced us to get married. I FELL SO STUPID!! For not knowing that in AZ the age consentis 18 and I could have charged him with Statutory Rape. Can I still file something? Needless to say, we're no longer married! :confused:

seniorjudge

what_2_do said:
I got pregnant at 17 while dating a 24 year old. When my parents found out about it they forced us to get married. I FELL SO STUPID!! For not knowing that in AZ the age consentis 18 and I could have charged him with Statutory Rape. Can I still file something? Needless to say, we're no longer married! :confused:
When did this impregnation occur?

Kane

If you want him to be charged with rape, you'll need to go to the District Attorney's Office. Ultimately, it's up to them, in any event.

Generally speaking, however, prosecutors don't like being used as leverage in custody disputes.

what_2_do

What a Battle to be fought....

May I vent????
I just received an addendum from the Adoption agency that we hired for the TPR. Bio dad tells the agency that I was kicked out of school, did drugs with him before and after baby's birth and that I drank EVERY day. I just think it's so funny how when people get stuck in a bind, they start making stories up. I have a Scholastic Diploma and I also went to college, I had gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl who had NO signs of drug use or alcohol in her system or mine ( I love myself and my daughter too much to EVER do that to my body or hers!)
Isn't it funny how a push comes to shove? :rolleyes:

Just Blue

what_2_do said:
May I vent????
I just received an addendum from the Adoption agency that we hired for the TPR. Bio dad tells the agency that I was kicked out of school, did drugs with him before and after baby's birth and that I drank EVERY day. I just think it's so funny how when people get stuck in a bind, they start making stories up. I have a Scholastic Diploma and I also went to college, I had gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl who had NO signs of drug use or alcohol in her system or mine ( I love myself and my daughter too much to EVER do that to my body or hers!)
Isn't it funny how a push comes to shove? :rolleyes:

Yeah...thats a scream! ....Like when a 17 year old girl dates a 24 year old man...get preggers and married...breaks up...then wants new hubby to adopt but old hubby objects so the 17 year old mom wants to cry rape to get her way**************yeah..just a fricken scream! ....Moron!

S

shell007

I got pregnant at 17 while dating a 24 year old. When my parents found out about it they forced us to get married. I FELL SO STUPID!! For not knowing that in AZ the age consentis 18 and I could have charged him with Statutory Rape. Can I still file something? Needless to say, we're no longer married!
Exactly why I have not been posting lately!

I just read and shake my head !!

If I don't have anything nice to say...I say nothing at all !!! (at least I try)

I can't even begin to wrap my thoughts around some of this stuff I read to justify a responce.

AHA

what_2_do said:
If you suffered so severly because of sex with your ex, then surely you would have reported him for stat rape a looooong time ago and not the minute he started showing interest in being a dad to his kid?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">