• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TPO/DV/Lease question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mloveme2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Okay, my ex and I got into an argument where he ended up pushing me and before I left, I shoved his face (he says it was a slap) and he called the police on me. I was arrested, and am now being tried for domestic violence. The judge issued a Temporary Protection Order against me, and forced me to leave our apartment. We're both on the lease, along with his other friend. I didn't mind leaving, because I had been wanting out of the situation for a long time, but I paid for the majority of the apartment, and supplied most of the things in it (which I did take upon leaving). But my name is still on the lease, and they have another person living there. They're all irresponsible and I have written to the leasing office about it, but have received no response yet. According to the lease, they are not allowed to sublet without that person being approved by management. I also have an account with the apartment to pay rent online, so I'm able to see what was paid and since I've left, they have been paying rent without my money, yet they are still texting me and trying to contact me for money. Is there anything legally I can do, with the leasing office to get my name off? Since the other roommate is technically staying there illegally, or just anything I can do about them still asking for money even though rent is getting paid? Or should I just save all the text messages, and paperwork that I have and take them to trial with me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">