• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is trading Sexual Acts for Legal Representation Illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shuxclams

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Is trading sexual Acts for Legal Representation Illegal? I know this has to be a wierd question... but.

Regards,

S

Sinsaint26

It's called prostitution. Yes it is illegal and for the attorney it is unethical and can result in disbarment.

Z

zappy

But its NOT unethical for the BailBondsman.

damn i knew a couple of them who traded sex for bail money.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shuxclams said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Is trading sexual Acts for Legal Representation Illegal? I know this has to be a wierd question... but.

Regards,
==================================

My response:

Are you trying to enforce a "right" as the result of the unlawful contract, or are you merely trying to report an attorney for having suggested such a barter?

If you're trying to enforce a "right", you can forget it. A court is not going to help you when you have "unclean hands." "One who seeks equity must have clean hands." Thus, if both paintiff and defendant are "in pari delicto" in the creation and performance of an illegal contract (e.g., based on illicit sexual services as consideration), relief will be denied both at law and in equity. [Taylor v. Fields (1986) 178 Cal.App.3d 653, 224 Cal.Rptr. 186]

IAAL

S

shuxclams

or are you merely trying to report an attorney for having suggested such a barter

That is true. I have reason to believe that this transaction may have or will happen.

Regards,

S

shuxclams

true

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

So, can I presume you're not one of the parties involved in this "transaction"?

IAAL
No I am not.

Thank you,
Sean

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: true

shuxclams said:

No I am not.

Thank you,
Sean

================================

My response:

So, then you really don't know if this is, in fact, going on. So, I'm going to take a "leap of faith" and further presume that any information you have is either gossip or hearsay. Additionally, and since you're not a party to this presumed "transgression", you have no proof and can't get any proof. Hearsay, at best. At worst, it's just potentially defamatory information.

If it's defamatory, make absolutely sure you don't go around spreading it. You might get yourself into heaps of trouble.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">