• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alex198719

Live in South Carolina
Ticket Given in Georgia

Tonight I was in Georgia on I-20 Traveling.

I was clocked doing 66 in a 'Contruction Zone'
It was 11:30 at night and there were no construction crews on the road.
Another point is that When I was clocked I was already out of the Construction area / No physical markings or barriers on the road.

I was also forced to speed up due to traffic around myself. The Van infront of myself suddenly began to break (I'm Guessing Because it saw the officer), but the Brake Lights on the Van were not working. As a reaction I quickly switched Lanes (Right to Left) and accelerated as to not cause an accident behind me. During this switch / acceleration the officier clocked me.

The officer took my Insurance / Liscense but would not speak to me on any other matter, plus after signing the ticket simply walked away even though I was still asking him a question. I was very nice to the officer as I respect what the do, but feel that I was treaded unfairly in the fact that I was A - Out of the Construction B- Not a physical danger to anyone around me, and C- Forced to disregard my speedometer due to having to avoid a traffic incident to the best of my ability.

Does anyone know what I should so when I go to my court date?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">