• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic ticket turns into contempt of court???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ortisai

What is the name of your state?
Michigan

ok on sept 4th i was order by the DA to pa a fine of $100, i told him that at the time i was starting a new job and could not pay right away, he told me to talk to the clerk on the up stairs. i went up and explained my problem, told her that i could give her $20 now and asked her to extend it, she said ok. I she told me that i could come every couple of weeks and put another $20 or pay the whole thing when i got it all ($80) so i decided to wait till my first full paycehck (4weeks later) to pay it, come friday i got my check and was planning on paying on monday, but when i get home i get a notice to appear at court on thursday to "explain why i should not be held on criminal contempt of court" How could this be??? my question is this, if i pay it on monday, will the judge dissmiss the case? i mean i have no criminal record, what so ever......HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">