• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Tickets in Alabama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PoppyJr2006

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I have been very foolish in my dealings with some traffic tickets from my past and I paid for that. In March, I was given a night in jail because I ignored several traffic tickets from years ago then, finally, this year, decided I wanted to clear things up so I could get my liscense reinstated. Well I found that the judge felt I needed to be taught a lesson for letting it go as long as I had so I spent the night with some crackheads and hookers. Not fun. At any rate, I've been paying on those tickets, as quickly as I could (I'm a single mother and I don't make a lot of money) but, like many people, I'm sure, haven't had much choice, with kids and work, but to drive while trying to fix things. Well, fate has not been on my side because, just last month, 2 weeks prior to getting the last of my tickets paid, I bumped a woman on my way home from work. Well, even though I saw NO damage to her car or mine, she felt compelled to call the police. Of course, I got two tickets. Driving while suspended and no insurance. Now, I have paid off the OLD tickets and have gotten my liscense reinstated. BUT can NOT find anyone to insure me because I do not own my car (my ex-husband got it as part of our divorce and my name is not on it) and he won't give me any information about it or sign it over to me. I think it is because he is either extremely deliquent with the car payments or maybe hasn't paid for the car in years and the car is now hot. I don't want to think this is the case because this is my ONLY mode of transportation and the city transit system here is the worst. I can't afford cabs and don't know anyone who can drive me around on a regular basis.

Well, the question is, since I've just been in court this past March for old tickets, if anyone knows anything about Alabama law, what should I expect when I go before another judge (hopefully not the same judge) on two more traffic tickets? By the way, I am not ignoring these tickets, I'm going to court on the due date and I do at the very least have my liscense now. Could I possibly get sr-22 insurance?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">