• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transcripts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LAURA MALLETT

My husband was sentenced on March 2001. He is trying to file a motion & requires his sentencing transcripts-transcribed. We are in Florida. I requested them from the court on 1-17-02. They cannot contact the transcriptionist, the court tells me "she" is the only one who can transcribe her notes. I have been waiting for over 20 days. I even agreed to pay extra for her to expedite the notes. How long, legally do we have to wait? Who else can I contact to move this along? He needs to file this motion ASAP. We had a court appointed lawyer, now the case is colsed, we don't have one. :confused: If anyone can advise, I would be grateful.
This is Federal court, Southern District of Florida, he is currently serving his time.
Sincerely,
Laura:)

Last edited:

M

mikkeey

I hate sound stupid but why havent you gone to the court house and find which room she works in?

Transcripts aee very expensive, but if you paid extra they must deliver on time....how much time, well thats what their fees are based on...its listed they told you, but i guess you forgot.

So the court house tomorrow.....

L

LAURA MALLETT

TRANSCRIPTS

I initially went to the courthouse, she no longer works for the court. I was also given the Clerk of the courts number, she has been trying to help locate her. According to the Clerk of the court, the transcriptionist that initially took the minutes, is the one who has to transcribe them. I also agreed to pay the extra money for them to expidited the papers. I can't pay, until the Transcriptionist contacts me and we make arrangements. Again, that is the problem she is not contacting me. I myself have left voice mails every day since Jan. 18th. I don't know where else to go from here. The Clerk of the court tells me they are aware of the situation, well that is nice, but it is not helping my husband file his motion.
Is this just a Florida thing? I cannot believe that our judicial system is that messed up that if you can't find the transcriptionist, well, you get the transcripts!! I can't believe that is for real.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">