• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trespass

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leoslayer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
My ex had me trespassed from the marital property. I was not arrested the police just told me not to go on the property again. There was no court date.

She has now moved out of the house and I am the only one on the mortgage although we are both on the deed. She has stated in writing that she will no longer pay the mortgage and to bring on the foreclosure. She has stated in writing that she is not responsible for the house.

My question is how can I be still trespassed if she has abandoned the property and i still legally own it? How can I get the trespass situation lifted or reversed as I might move back in the house.

I guess this falls under domestic criminal trespass but there is no other party within the city limits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">