• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespass & Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Robinsbit

What is the name of your state? Florida.

My 18 yr. old son, along with four other 17-19 yr. old boys, was found in the home of a 15 yr old girl by her parents. Two other 15 yr. old girls were also present. Alcohol was being drunk, but there was no proof of exactly who brought it in. My son and two other boys were allowed to leave before the police arrived, but the 19 yr. old was arrested and the 17 yr. old was charged with trespassing.
The girls mother phoned me the next morning (this morning) to say she was going to have my son arrested for trespassing and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Can she do this? They were all invited into the girls home. The alcohol was bought for them by an older brother of one of the boys (over 21) but was brought into the house by the boys. The girls gave them the money to buy it.
Can my son be arrested? I am so upset waiting for them to turn up at my door. Thanks very much.

H

hmmbrdzz

She can very well indeed have this done. It sounds like she has told them already to stay away since she has told you that she is going to have them arrested for trespassing, too, as well as contributing.

Likely, they (the sheriff) will come to your house and get your son (they could go by his school, if he's in school), and he will have to ride with them to the magistrates office for processing and to pay a bond to be released until the court date.

Sometimes in these kinds of cases, parents also seek statutory rape charges at some point if they are told something else has gone on. So -- beware. Your son may want to have an attorney.

good luck

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">