• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Renzy Hill

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I live out of city limits with 5 other neighbors. Most houses set on at least 2 acres of land. There is a dirt road which seperates 3 houses on ones and 3 houses on the other side. The problem is with dogs urinating and defecating in my yard and destroying our shrubs and bushes. The county has not adapted the state leash law, nor has the small city that we are near. We have found no way of keeping these animals out of our yard. Not to mention that they attack my own dogs, in my yard.

We tried posting no tespassing signs and in writing, telling the neighbors to keep their dogs off of our land and that they, themselves can not trespass. We figured that if the law would not protect us from these animals, at least the law would keep the people out of our yard. Since they casually walk their dogs in our yard and come over to retreive them. They themseves do damage walking through our flowers.

We had one person arrested for trespassing and the court said that he could retreive his property and stated that there was no criminal intent.

We are at wits end! We have installed a 4 thousand dollar fence and their dogs and the neighbors still find their way into our yard. I believe that they are just harrassing us, because they said their dogs were in the neighborhood before we were....

What to do? Is there not a law that would help us without paying money out for a civil suit? I realise that there should be a substantial loss of money for a civil suit. But I need something that will make these people resposible for their actions and to respect my property.

Last edited:

R

Renzy Hill

Renzy Hill said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I live out of city limits with 5 other neighbors. Most houses set on at least 2 acres of land. There is a dirt road which seperates 3 houses on ones and 3 houses on the other side. The problem is with dogs urinating and defecating in my yard and destroying our shrubs and bushes. The county has not adapted the state leash law, nor has the small city that we are near. We have found no way of keeping these animals out of our yard. Not to mention that they attack my own dogs, in my yard.

We tried posting no tespassing signs and in writing, telling the neighbors to keep their dogs off of our land and that they, themselves can not trespass. We figured that if the law would not protect us from these animals, at least the law would keep the people out of our yard. Since they casually walk their dogs in our yard and come over to retreive them. They themseves do damage walking through our flowers.

We had one person arrested for trespassing and the court said that he could retreive his property and stated that there was no criminal intent.

We are at wits end! We have installed a 4 thousand dollar fence and their dogs and the neighbors still find their way into our yard. I believe that they are just harrassing us, because they said their dogs were in the neighborhood before we were....

What to do? Is there not a law that would help us without paying money out for a civil suit? I realise that there should be a substantial loss of money for a civil suit. But I need something that will make these people resposible for their actions and to respect my property.

H

hmmbrdzz

If your town and/or county has not adopted any leash limit laws or ordinances to address roaming animals (or any nuisance laws that might help), then there's probably not going to be a whole lot you can do until you convince the town and/or county officials to adopt some ordinances that will serve you (outside the city limits). I suggest calling some county commissioners and speaking to them; call the town and speak to them; ask to be heard at a meeting; ask to be placed on the agenda. It will be a lot of work. Pressing charges against the neighbors for trespassing when they were coming to retreive their dogs
is..... well..... (you know -- just not considered a very "neighborly thing!). It sounds like it has become "fighting time" in the
"cunt ree" and that it might be time to consider moving into the city limits!! You can also call the AG's office to see what state laws are in place that might be able to help you. Call the health department and inquire. Call an animal control person and inquire. Call the sheriff's office and inquire. (you may have already done these things). What have you done, other than having neighbors arrested and installing 4000.00 worth of fence to see what help there may be available to you?

hmmbrdzz

Souix

Re: Re: Trespassing

Renzy Hill said:

Whatever you do you are probably going to create some enemies in your neighborhood. How about installing some electrical tape around the border of your yard. Dog tries to step over ~zap~, human ~zap~. Dogs don't like to get ~zapped~ and they won't come back either. We had some electrical tape around one of our goat pastures, one of the dogs jumped up on it an got ~zapped~ and now he won't even look at that pasture. Its kinda funny.

AmosMoses

I always have to wonder when a post states something like having a $4000.00 fence and the neighbors finding their way into the yard. There HAS to be so much more to this thing than what's stated...HAS to be!

H

hmmbrdzz

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Off subject - -

Hey Hummingbird, have you noticed that your nemesis isn't around anymore?

IAAL
Sorry poster. I've got to talk.

Oh yeah.... I've noticed. And I've wanted to thank you much (and some others, too) and let you know what is going on, but I didn't know where to take the opportunity to do so. I think it's here.
Trespassing seems an appropriate thread, too.

About three days ago, Friday night, I think (when DRN stopped posting here), I received a very threatening e-mail from him. I have no idea how he got my e-mail address or my first name or how he knows where I live. He threatened that hmmbrdzz would "pay the consequences" if he were booted from this forum. He threatened that he would create a web page about hmmbrdzz and post all of her writings and let the NC Board of Nursing decide if they wanted me representing them in public.

I about fell out of my seat. He had learned where I lived, too (put the town in the e-mail). I did what I had to do (got in touch with the right people), and I continued my postings here, ignoring his threats here and his threatening letter to me. Then, today, I received a letter of apology from stalker, DRN, where he retracted the threats in his first e-mail to me and made claims that the "children" in the house were "defensive against mom" (whatever the heck that's supposed to mean) and that the parents (I guess DRN and his S.O) did not support the first threatening letter and asked me to please accept the apology, and he said that the e-mail address he had used to send me the threatening letters would be removed. (I would never respond to him, anyhow.) Well, in a few more hours I got another e-mail from him that retracted the apology and was threatening again.

YOu know what -- I've contemplated this for three days and dam* near two hours just sitting here -- I'm going to post the letters here. These are in descending order (first one here is the last one received). I have deleted my e-mail address and the town.

Subj: Apology withdrawn--email not original
Date: 3/17/2003 3:01:27 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: ******.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

The email sent to you was copied and pasted from one being circulated.

You must have many enemies.

Note: forwarded message attached.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!

Received: from [67.30.216.218] by web20504.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 17 Mar 2003 06:56:37 PST
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 06:56:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: apologies from the parents!
To: ********.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="0-835573328-1047912997=:45718"
Content-Length: 1656

We have a child who is very defensive of Mom and came home to find several answered emails that do not reflect the opinions of the parents!

The text of the email previously sent is totally irrelevant to anything that has occurred and is being deleted as is this email name and address.

Again, many apologies.

Note: forwarded message attached.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Web Hosting - establish your business online

Received: from [67.30.198.214] by web20501.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:00:27 PST
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:00:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: hmmbrdzz' time is up
To: ********.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-218245301-1047780027=:24469"
Content-Length: 1137

on free advice hmmbrdzz posted too many lies too many insulting and degrading remarks slandered and defamed too many people of greater intelligence and greater service to others now it is time for hmmbrdzz to face the consequences.

otherwise a webpage of all of hmmbrdzz lies and contradictory statements will be posted on the web--it will have this heading Read hmmbrdzz own words and decide if she is an RN working as a nurse or is she cleaning the firehouse in ***** NC? is she 44 and been a nurse for 23 years? did she get her GED and two college degrees after her criminal convictions in 1983, 20 years ago or was she already an RN or has she really NOT been an RN for 23 years? if she has been sober for 17 years, was she on drugs during her nursing career? why is she still drinking wine and sharing it with her dog? does she or does she not have a mental illness? is she married or single? is her ex a cop or a physician?

You get the point. Your words will be all the information on the webpage.

It does not matter if you come clean on free advice. Let NC's RN board decide if they want you representing them in public places.

=========================================

Heavy, huh? These things said above in this threatening letter are basically what I've said here on this forum over the past four months (but DRN twists it a bit, as if to ask questions about it).
He probably spent all day compilating this info from this site. I have admitted here to having had a BAD bout with depression and PTSD at one point in my career, I have admitted here to being involved deeply in litigation with my ex employer, I have admitted here that I did go before the board of nursing -- no action was ever taken, although DRN was claiming here (and possibly is claiming somewhere else now) that action was taken. I'm fully licensed, never been restricted. (That's gonna be the name of my book one day!)

I admitted here that I used to have a problem long time ago but that I pulled myself out of the gutter and went on to get my GED and two college degrees; I admitted here that my ex is a cop; that my father is a physician; I admitted here that I did get a DUI in 1983. (there's never been "two" convictions in my lifetime). I think I also talked here one time about having volunteered to help clean out some holding cages (dog pens) at the local fire department that our animal control people place dogs in for pick up by the primary officer of our county.

DRN has also been stalking me on the one and only other forum I use on this computer (a Boxer dog forum). That's where he got the cleaning service idea from. A member on that forum has just gone into business, and I said something there about "one can make big bucks at the beach cleaning houses". I've never offered my dogs wine. Never ever. Never would. Not even if I was drinking! I've been sober for longer than 17 years. Been there done that; won't ever go back.

DRN may have even gotten a picture of me off that site, too, before it was pulled last week. Just a pic of me and my new pup. I was in touch with that administrator immediately last week (or whenever it was DRN posted my first name here). As evidenced, though, it must have been too late, as it was within a matter of a week I received the e-mail from him.

Many have been in touch with me today over this current matter (including police). I also talked to a cyber stalking site, and they advised me to copy and paste every single note off this forum that DRN ever posted and save it to a permanent file. I was also told to change my e-mail address or block any further mail from that e-mail address. I finally called better half at beach today and said "HONEY -- I did not want to tell you because I thought it might go away, but it's not, and I think I'm somewhat being stalked". He hates this computer anyhow and told me he was going to come home and yank it out of the wall after he writes a death threat letter to whoever the DRN ass**e is!! I told him he could come home but that he couldn't write any letters to anyone!)

(continued next note)

Oh... someone told me to put this at the bottom

This material is copyright protected.

H

hmmbrdzz

Honestly -- I've been sitting here on my choe chaw for the last four months "purging", I guess. (Bad place to purge, huh?) I had to keep my mouth shut for almost five years on account of litigation, and that ordeal pushed me into a totally different life style that included a lot of "hiding". I'll never return to my career. That, I know. Not because I'm not fully licensed and can't go back without any restrictions -- but because I just don't want to work as a nurse ever again. I guess I should have never talked about any of that on this forum. But -- I missed nursing in the field in some manner, and I guess I thought my life and career experiences might help others.

Do you remember that note last night from a "fellow nurse" (on the forum here, where her father was a DOC Captain?? remember it?) It made me paranoid. I thought "uh huh -- this is DRN posing as someone else". When something like this happens to you, it just makes you start thinking you're being watched, and that you don't know who to trust, and that you don't know where to go.

When I think about it realistically, though, I've really nothing to fear because I've done nothing wrong. I do know enough to know that, in all probability, DRN is reading this, too, and watching me now. Maybe I'll get another nasty threatening e-mail in a few minutes. When I do, I'll push "save to filing cabinet". That's what I don't like about this -- he seems to have all the information on me (even where I live), and I know nothing about him. It just pisses me off. I've got one eye out on a convict that's incarcerated currently who will be on my ass in about two years; and NOW one eye out on a cyber convict. I'm gonna die my hair black (NO -- RED!!)

I've really enjoyed it here, but I don't know what to do now. Someone told me today they could push one button and I'd be gone from freeadvice forever if I chose to go that route. They told me they could change my user name. But I figured "what the he** -- I'm out there now (apparently.) I'm stubborn, too, and I just detest a stalker, but I also know the dangers of someone who is obsessed, and this person (whoever he is) is not right in the head. I knew that the minute I saw him post my first name on this forum. That's why I told him on that thread "do not show up in my e-mail box; do not call". He didn't listen. I'm really not scared, though. I've got plenty here to protect me if I need it.

Someone also suggested that I post a note here regarding copyright and publishing laws. I don't know anything about it. Funny thing -- I came here looking for legal advice four months ago, and damn if I'm not looking for it again !

My better half called me from his cell about an hour ago on his way home, and I told him -- "I think I'm getting ready to post a note to the forum about all this crap". He said "do it -- you don't have anything to hide". And so.... I did it, and here it is!

Any advice now for this dumb blonde, IAAL :D (or HG or Jetx or stephen or boxcar or .........the ones I know who have brains)? Or anyone. Where can I find out about copyright laws?

hmmbrdzz, The Real Thing, I remain "fully licensed; never been reprimanded; never had a warning; never had a letter" (you know the story!). "Real live cert number; real live license number, will receive blah blah blah. "

Oh... someone told me to put this at the bottom

This material is copyright protected.

AmosMoses

Jeezus!!

I had no idea about this! You are actually being stalked! Now, is this moron maybe a female? You know, acting like her kids threatened you..."kids are protective of Mom?"

You owed no one any explanations of your life, but it was appreciated and interesting, and you damned sure don't have anything to be ashamed of! No need in being paranoid, but no need being stupid, either, so some care is in order here. If this psycho went to the trouble to find out your name, email address, and other forums you were on (WTFIUWT!?!?), I would suggest that you do kinda keep your wits about you with any strange mail, etc. You just never know. I am sure that this person, even though booted, will return under another name and lurk around your postings. If so, I want to take this time to comment on my opinion of him/her: I think you are a stupid, psychotic, vengeful moron, and if you are a man, you no doubt have nowhere near what is considered minimal equipment where it counts, punk boy! I think that you are a disgusting waste of DNA, DNR! So stalk me...I'll give you my address if you like, and will be happy to see you. In closing, bite me!

hmmbrdzz, I can understand if you choose to change your ID, stop visiting this forum, or whatever, but I hope not. This scum isn't worth it, and I can assure you the only small amount of courage this sort of trash can come up with is sheathed in anonymity. They will return, and they will watch, but I think they will give themselves, and their new handle away through their stupid actions and words. Stupid people will, sadly, remain that way.

Please stay, hmmbrdzz, and good riddance DRN. (D*&kless Retarded Nerd)

stephenk

do you have a firewall set up on your computer? If no, it is really simple for people to hack into your system and look around.

if no firewall, go to zonealarm.com and download their free firewall. It is great. it makes you invisible to hackers. you can set the parameters to accept certain downloads or uploads.

since the emails came from yahoo, you can also contact yahoo and they can suspend the profiles and emails. It isnt much since anyone can set up a free yahoo account in about 30 seconds. But, they will have to notify everyone who knows their old account, change buddy lists, etc.

keep them on the run!

stephenk

i just did a yahoo search for "hmmbrdzz " and two hits came up.

One was one of your posts on this website dated 3/11 and the other was your post at a boxer website. your name was on the post and you were talking about your boxer.

that might be how DRN started looking you up.

H

hmmbrdzz

Thank you much Amos. And Susie Baby I didn't mean to leave you out. I didn't even know either of you had posted. I sat here for at least two hours just staring at my note that I was getting ready to post here, not even realizing you or Amos had posting something here while I was just sitting here.

I thought it was a female several weeks ago because they argued like a female. I was shocked to learn it was a male! And you're right about the "mom" thing. I didn't pick up on that, really, as to what sex it might be. I knew two weeks ago, though, when he / she posted my first name in a note that said something like "A suspended RN, isn't that right, Julie" that someone (male or female) had been doing some work (finding my name). But actually, when I thought about it and thought about where I had been on my computer (no where except here and another forum), I thought "you chicken sh** pansy a**". And that's when I got mad. And when they mentioned the cleaning service -- ooooo -- I just got madder because I knew they had been reading my notes and my friends notes on that other forum -- just hiding and lurking. THey're have no n**s. And then I thought about my pic on the forum (blonde).

I guess I just look into the eyes. (I'm way too trusting and probably way too brave for my own good !) I'm gonna get cancer from this, too! I've smoked 50 thousand cigarettes since 4 a.m. I'm an insomniac anyhow, and no sleep and 24 hour access to cigarettes is gonna kill me quick if my bad judgment doesn't get me first! (Like that made a lot of sense!) And Bush's 48 hours is keeping me glued to the TV! Go America!

hmmbrdzz

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Hummingbird, I have always enjoyed your responses on these forums, and both of us have even shared a few laughs with each other. I appreciate your presence here.

This is why I couldn't stand watching this person (DNR) do what he was doing to you. I had to challenge him/her and, true to what I thought, there was no proof of that idiot's allegations.

It was kinda maniacal and more than just the average "I can't stand you" type posts. Hell, I get those all the time - - but DNR was "piercing" in his manner - - moreso than I have ever seen in the 3 years I've been here.

And, when he couldn't come through with verifiable information, he got the boot, as promised. I was playing a hunch, and quite frankly, I'm extremely happy that DNR "couldn't" come up with anything verifiable - - because if he could have, he most assuredly would have posted it.

Keep up the good work.

IAAL

H

hmmbrdzz

stephenk said:
i just did a yahoo search for "hmmbrdzz " and two hits came up.

One was one of your posts on this website dated 3/11 and the other was your post at a boxer website. your name was on the post and you were talking about your boxer.

that might be how DRN started looking you up.
==================================

That's exactly how he did it. And you're right. I do talk about my Boxer there. I was careless when I registered to forums when I first began registering (months ago). I didn't realize how things worked in "cyber land"! (Boy, I sure found out!) I've been in touch with the adm. over there, and she is keeping a close eye out. She will remove him / her immediately if something "funky" starts going on.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">