• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing charge - do I need a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wls

I was arrested and immdiately let go, issued a notice to appear in a criminal court for trespassing. I was not booked. It was a misunderstanding as I was waiting for my friend to show up so I could leave. I was too upset to think I should walk away (1 mile to get off property) and kept saying i would leave if they could locate my friend who had the car.
Do I need a lawyer? What typically happens in these cases? I have no prior arrests, do tons of community service. I was in a public location and was told to leave because 1 person did not like me. I swear - that is the truth!
Please advise. The sherrif told me no lawyer needed, case would be dropped, but she also lied to me and told me the case would most likely be dropped in advance and I could speak with the state's attorney's office - not true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">