• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trespassing charge from evil EX-boss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justme7277

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? GA
Her is the story I worked for a company that had no central server and ALL documents were past via email (small office 5ppl). I was verbally given permission more than once to access 2 perticular computers to get files if I needed any documents. While on one of these computers I opened an email (note:computer was up and outlook was open) that had my name as subject. not initially on purpose but out of habit. when I saw my dismissal was being discussed and had been discussed I looked at several other emails also discussing this. I did not erase ANY emails only printed them. I also made copies of review notes about my performance that my employer left on his desk face up. I was given permission to be in his office often (acutally all employees were in his office going through drawers at some point, with permission) I then used the documents in my unemployment benefit case which my former employer appealed and then said he was going to file a criminal trespassing charges (because I had these documents). My question. If I was given permission (but unfortunatly have no written proof of it) However, never signed any written document stating all employee computers are their personal property or that of the company and there fore not to be accesses by any other employee. Does he have enough to file a lagitimate charges?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">