• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trespassing charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetpea1171

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Louisiana My son and a friend were walking for exercise and had parked their car at our local church. The lady across the street thought they were up to something and called the sheriffs office and said they had came across her yard. The deputy told me later that she calls in repeatedly about different things and I guess she told them this where they would come out. He found them walking down the road and issued them a ticket for trespassing and they have to be in court in July. The neighbor dropped the charges but the prosecutor won't. She said they have to come to court or pay the fine of 417.00. They both stated that they would take a lie dectector test. They did nothing wrong and they have no proof of the trespassing. I don't know whether to pay the fine or get a lawyer. I just think this is crazy.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Louisiana My son and a friend were walking for exercise and had parked their car at our local church. The lady across the street thought they were up to something and called the sheriffs office and said they had came across her yard. The deputy told me later that she calls in repeatedly about different things and I guess she told them this where they would come out. He found them walking down the road and issued them a ticket for trespassing and they have to be in court in July. The neighbor dropped the charges but the prosecutor won't. She said they have to come to court or pay the fine of 417.00. They both stated that they would take a lie dectector test. They did nothing wrong and they have no proof of the trespassing. I don't know whether to pay the fine or get a lawyer. I just think this is crazy.
It would cost more than the fine to administer a lie detector test. I agree with you this is crazy. Why would you pay for a lawyer, how old is your son?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">