• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trespassing and harassing neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dinasoar

What is the name of your state? indiana, i have neighbors getting on our roof and looking in our windows,any advice?need help!!!!!!!

Last edited:

D

dinasoar

dinasoar said:
What is the name of your state? indiana, i have neighbors getting on our roof and looking in our windows,any advice?need help!!!!!!!

D

dinasoar

we have called the police many times and they have done nothing as far as video taping it well they stay in the dark and have lookouts for where we are at all times cause we hear them whistle and we here their whispers,we are all going crazy!!!

If it was me, I would smear some axle grease on the roof, or tie a mean pit bull up there on a long lease if the roof was flat. But then you might have to come back to the forum after they sued you for their injuries. What about putting up some of those lights that respond to motion like people put on their garages? There are also motion detectors that will actvate sirens that you could set to real loud. Some of the security cameras also can be set to record only if there is motion and record in almost no light. It is called a zero lux camera I think.

HomeGuru

dinasoar said:
**A: have gun will shoot.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

This is what happens when you're a "squatter" and you decide to live in one of those S.W.A.T. "practice" houses. Next week, the fire department uses it as their practice "burn and rescue" house.

So, you think you've got trouble now?

IAAL

D

dinasoar

tresspassing and harassing neighbors

we are looking into motion detectors right now and possibly with alarms.but you know what? i don't think it will do any good cause these people are wacked!!!! my husband had one of them trapped on our roof while i called the cops around 4:00am and they never showed up cause this was the 3rd time we called them that morn. we have darkened all our windows so they can't look in and they have lookouts outside for when we walk out our doors to warn the others on our roof,also these people are adults!!we have heard them say how they think we are dealing drugs cause we own a harley.very unstable people huh?we do have a shotgun and they have seen it,and they still carry on.thanks for advice!

K

knotcops

How in the hell are they getting on the roof and why? They may be wacked out but there's something else going on here that your not telling us.

D

dinasoar

they are lifting each other up on our roof is all we can figure. we have moved all access that we have away from our roof.it started out to be teenagers and they got scared because of the cops coming around alot i think,we don't even know these people.why they picked us is beyond me.we work 2nd shift so we thought they may have been doing this for awhile(the teenagers anyway)when we were at work and then one night they got brave and started looking in our windows and we could hear them talking outside about what was on tv and how big our dog was ect.my husband has been trying all different things to catch them,with no luck cause of their lookouts!we don't know why they picked us cause we are pretty much loners and don't bother anyone.

W

woteeme2

put up a fence , no tresspassing signs, and also beware of dog sign...... turn loose a big ass dog.

dequeendistress

IC 35-43-2-2
Criminal trespass
Sec. 2. (a) A person who:
(1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters the real property of another person after
having been denied entry by the other person or that person's agent;
(2) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally refuses to leave the real property of another
person after having been asked to leave by the other person or that person's agent;
(3) accompanies another person in a vehicle, with knowledge that the other person knowingly or intentionally is exerting
unauthorized control over the vehicle;
(4) knowingly or intentionally interferes with the possession or use of the property of another person without the person's
consent;

commits criminal trespass, a Class A misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Class D felony if it is committed on a scientific
research facility, on school property, or on a school bus or the person has a prior unrelated conviction for an offense under this section concerning the same property.

Looks to me like it is a criminal offense in Indiana, so file a complaint and let the judge weigh it out...call the police each and every time they are on the roof or otherwise on your property...personally I would not go to extraordinary expense to prove their wrongs..use the law, that is why it is there

B

BillyBG

If they're on your property, shoot em and claim defense of personal property from burglars.

D

dinasoar

thanks for all your advice! i think we are just gonna move,we want to live in the country anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">