• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing/Loitering??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shalzl

Need some FreeAdvice.com on a citation referring to Wisconsin Statute 943.13, which is trespassing.

This is kinda complicated but will try to explain the details. We have a plaza lot in the city of Medford, WI which consists of Kmart, McD's, a grocery store, etc.

The kids (ages 16-20) found this plaza parking lot a place to socialize with their friends. The city put up 'NO LOITERING' signs and have warned these kids many of times to scat. Well now of course, the kids ran out of verbal warnings. There was eight of them given citations for Violation Description: Trespassing (Loitering in a No Loitering Zone).

The thing that I don't understand is every time I enter that lot, I could get a citation for trespassing!!!! I was told the parking lot is personal property??? It has 'NO TRESPASSING' signs posted. How can all these businesses be on personal property? Can anyway give me hindsight here??? Thanks for replies.

B

bendun

have a similer problem

I have a similer problem but it is also very different. I am from Northern California and I am being charged with a trespass on my own property. See my neighbors are trying to take some of my property that they feel should be theirs when the land was split up. But when we split the land we messured the boundaries from the exsisting fence line. Now the neighbors have gave the property from the northern fence line to the section line to the land owner to the north of them. Then they got a surveyer to trespass on our property and conduct a survey without notifying us. After finding these stakes out in our field and not knowing what they were we pulled up a stake and called the persons name that was on the stake. Then we returned to the surveyed line and messured the distance from the surveyed line to the old fence line that was the boundarie. Now the DA is charging me with trespass and removing a survey stake. The DA also testified on the neighbors side in a restraining order hearing that my girlfriend was trying to get on my neighbors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">