• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trouble with bullies in school

• Thread starter Mom in need of advice
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mom in need of advice

I am a mom of a 11 year old boy who is in the 6th grade. He goes to school in NJ.
For the past 2 years he has had problems with the boys in his class.
It all started with one boy who was his very good friend, then oneday the boy turned on him. Other people told me it was out of jealousy. My son is an A student and is a good kid. The boy that use to be his friend was good at one time. Now he gets the other boys that are in the same grade with him and my son to harrass my son.
I have called the school principal several times about different threats and verbal abuse that my son is receiving in school.
My son who is in the 6th grade has never missed one day since his registration to kindergarten. He now dreads going to school because of the abuse he is receiving.
I feel so bad for him that it makes me want to cry.
Could someone please help me, let me know what I can do to let the school know that I don't want to take this anymore.
Please someone help me, I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown over seeing my son suffer.

T

Tracey

Tell the school you'll sue them if they don't protect your son from the bully. Talk to a lawyer who handles education suits - this is an emerging area of law.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">