• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

truthful answers to law enforcement officers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rlyle

Louisiana's insurance commissioner was just convicted of lying to the FBI. Is a citizen legally bound to be thuthful when being questioned by law enforcement persons even though he is not under oath?

asdf

Boy isn't that a good question? Everyone's seen how deceitful police can be, like pretending to have evidence and confessions which they don't have, to pressure someone to confess. To my knowledge, talking to anyone is optional, except to the grand jury. (but their probably smart enough to figure out if your pulling a stretcher). As Sneaky Peat always says on his car commercials; "This baby was only driven to church sunday, by a nice old retired guy." This is why our country used to be so great.
I wish someone would answer the question, is lying to a cop illegal? My impression is that sometimes it is.

W

Watch My Dust

I wish I knew if it was illegal to lie to cops...particularly *before* I got arrested. I admitted to having the parapharnalia, and everyone I talked to said, "Why did you do that? If you'd said no, he'd have no reason to search your car!" Maybe I shouldn't have admitted to it. I'm not sure. Oh well, it's in the past. But it'd be nice to know, just for future reference. (Not that I'll need it for future reference...) ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">