• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to help a friend!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Infinit8y

What is the name of your state? Arrested = Louisianna; Warrent = Minnesota

I will try and keep this short and sweet. A friend of mine got into a lot of trouble with stealing cars and other goods in 2000. He served his time, and was put on paroll. In the last 2 years he has managed to get a stable job and engaged. He just got promoted to Front Desk Manager at his hotel.

Now for what happened. I still don't have all the facts. All I know is through his Fiance. A detective and uniformed officer showed up at his work and arrested him for an outstanding warrent in Minnesota for recieving stolen goods. The warrent was issued in december of 2000. He was in jail at that point in GA.

Again from his fiance, he has never even been to Minnesota. He said his liscense was stolen around this time. Could some one have used his liscense?

Here is the confussion. He has a background check done every month by his paroll officer. He just had one ran by his hotel when he got the raise, and he even got pulled over 3 weeks ago. Each time his record has come up clean! How can this be?

I am waiting to speak directly to him later this week to get more facts. I will post more as I learn it!

I just wanted to take a second and say thank's to who or whom ever created and maintains this forum. I have been looking for something like this forever. This is a great asset to any citizen!

Later!
Lee

I

Infinit8y

Another update from the fiance.

He is charged with eluding in a stolen car. All the police have is his drivers liscense. They don't even know what kind of car he was in at the time! His bail was set at $25,000. Is that normal for such an offense, or did the judge up the bail since he had to be found with a warrent? I am also curious about my rights if I pay the bail for him. I did it once before and he split. I believe in him that he has changed, so I am strongley considering it. Do I have any rights to find him or hire a bounty hunter or something if he splits again. As I said I don't think he will, but I just want to be prepared for the worst.
Later!
Lee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">