• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

turning 18

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

h0peless

What is the name of your state?
Ohio

i am 17 years old, and my birth day is august 2nd, i will be 18.

im on probation right now and my parents are going to call my probation officer tomorrow to have me arrested.they claim i did drugs, which they have no real proof. this is pretty much my "last straw" and i will be sent to the Juvenile detention center for at least 90 days.

i was wondering if i were to run away, iand i ran untill i was 18 years old, what would happen then? if i turned myself in would i be put in jail for a long time?
would i still be on probation?

im basically wondering if my juvenile crimes will land me in jail when im 18.

i hope this made sense.

K

krispenstpeter

When you stop violating the rules of the forum PERHAPS you will get an answer to ONE of your many posts.

H

h0peless

i dont need anything from you, you probably have any worthwhile information anyway.

Shay-Pari'e

h0peless said:
i dont need anything from you, you probably have any worthwhile information anyway.

Then why post the same thing over and over? My advice is start following the rules, or expect a life in prison.

A

AdamGules

Hey dude..... take it easy ....

look running away is going to make things worst. think about it, whatever you have done so far can be taken care of, by showing a positive actitud, turning yourself in, acepting the punishment

and then move on with your life. you run away now, man and you will be posting questions in this forum for the rest of your live....

turn yourself in, pay the price, like a man, no shame on that. and they once you have pay your debt to society, then start a new live... is all in your hands.... do not make it worst

AG

VR_Hunter

Your on probation now. You run away, you violate your probation (more than likely). Have you ever heard of a warrant for an arrest? Do yourself a favor, stay where you are and face the music. This could be the turning point in your life, don't miss the turn.

C

coosi

This could be the turning point in your life, don't miss the turn." - I like that!

**Not sure if this applies, but if you didn't do what you're accused of (drugs) ask for a test.

**Also not sure of this, but I think most, if not all, punishments for crimes committed as a juv. end at 18, unless you're tried as an adult.

**Also, most juvenile records can be "expunged", which (as I understand) makes the record nonexistent for most purposes (varies by state -you can look it up) and makes it permissible for you to state that you have never been arrested, etc.

**Your juv. days are almost over. Don't do something that will end up on your adult record!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">