• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two charges of credit card fraud both felonies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mtowery2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi. I am 49 years old I have a clean record and never been in trouble. Two days ago I was chargeD with two counts of credit card fraud which are both felonies in Mississippi. I took two credit cards and tried to use them online one for $400 and another for $600. I admitted to my wrong doing and told the truth. I have two questions what are my chances on going to jail and is there a chance that the felonies could be dropped down to misdemeanors. I will be hiring a criminal defense attorney on Monday.

FlyingRon

You need a lawyer. We have no way to tell just what the particulars of the case is. You might escape imprisonment, but expecting these to be dropped to misdemeanors is likely optimistic. Your self-incrimination has probably done NOTHING to help your case. Shut up and talk to no one but your attorney.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
...what are my chances on going to jail and is there a chance that the felonies could be dropped down to misdemeanors...

It continually amazes me that people come here and expect mind reading to take place. We cannot read minds and to the best of my knowledge there are no clairvoyants here.

You are hiring an attorney? Good. Ask him or her your questions. Experienced counsel can attempt to answer your questions with a much higher probability of being correct than anyone here can.

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi. I am 49 years old I have a clean record and never been caught doing illegal things up until now. Two days ago I was chargeD with two counts of credit card fraud which are both felonies in Mississippi. I took two credit cards and tried to use them online one for $400 and another for $600. I admitted to my wrong doing and told the truth. I have two questions what are my chances on going to jail and is there a chance that the felonies could be dropped down to misdemeanors. I will be hiring a criminal defense attorney on Monday.
Fixed that for ya.

mtowery2010

That was a good one Ekamouse. This all happened 3 days ago and I will hire an attorney tomorrow. I did something very stupid and I take full responsibility for it. Call me dumb, stupid whatever you can think of and your absolutely right. Actually Ekamouse I have never done anything like this before. My only excuse that I can think of is I was going through and struggling with depression and my mind and my thoughts were not right and I did a dumb thing. I deserve whatever the judge decides to give me. I know I will never do something like this again. The worry alone is bad enough. Hopefully I will see my attorney tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">