• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

U.S. Post Office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fire325

What is the name of your state? kentucky.i went to my p.o.box on sat.and i found a handwritin not that was very obscene.i have the only key to the p.o.box.is this a matter that can be dealt with legally?

HomeGuru

fire325 said:
What is the name of your state? kentucky.i went to my p.o.box on sat.and i found a handwritin not that was very obscene.i have the only key to the p.o.box.is this a matter that can be dealt with legally?
**A: Not?

F

fire325

ok,how did the person who put it there get in to my locked p.o. box?a post office employee tried to slide the piece of paper thru the small front door and it is made to where you can't slip nothing into it.

HomeGuru

fire325 said:
ok,how did the person who put it there get in to my locked p.o. box?a post office employee tried to slide the piece of paper thru the small front door and it is made to where you can't slip nothing into it.
**A: have you ever heard of magic or voodoo?

F

fire325

yes.ok,you tell me how it happened.and why it's not a crime.i always thaught it was illegal to break into a post office box.and then of all things,put a nasty note in there?wouldn't that be invasion of privacy?

stephenk

was the note addressed to you specifically? do you think it may have been attached to another piece of mail in the box?

F

fire325

it was just a piece of paper that had been ripped from the corner of a magazine or flyer.it was written in ink.it wasn't attached to anything else in the box.the only other mail was an enveloped credit card application.i have reason to believe who MIGHT have done it.i just sent the u.s. postal inspection services a statement of what i found.

F

fire325

no.it's a story i can't really say too much on hear.i can say that i think it involves another firefighter.there was an incident that happened last monday night in the firehouse.

F

fire325

went to the post office and talked with the postmaster,he was shocked.i then talked with the employee that i talked to on sat.he and another employee went around to the front of the box to see if they could get a piece of paper into the box and they were successful.using a pocket knife to slide it under the box door only took them a total of 5 sec.i did have them to change my lock while i was there just in case someone might have another one.i also talked with my lawyer and she said if it happens again and i suspect who it might be,then she said we could pursue it as harrassment.i feel like it is a fellow firefighter(s).we joke around a lot but,this i know is no joke.well,thanks for the info.and the concern from all of you who was willing to help :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">