• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UCMJ Art 134 & 119

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unidentifiable

Currently in SC. In 1995, I was convicted by General Courts Martial of DWI and Negligent Homicide (lesser) Article 134. I plead not guilt to all charges (DWI, Inv. Hom, Driving w/o License) and was sentenced to 3 years confinement, DD, forfeiture of all pay and allowances. I refused parole in 1996 but requested clemency (denied). I have "stuck to my guns" since I truly do not accept any degree of culpability in this case. The Army Court of Appeals affirmed the conviction but my case was returned to the convening authority in 2003 for retrial by USCAAF. There was no additional relief. Despite my Grostefon submissions and my position of complete inocence, I served 2 years in confinement and was Dishonorably Discharged last year. I know all convicts say it, but "I am not guilty".
I would like to persue this further. Primarily, I would like to explore expungement, pardons and discharge upgrades. Only because I do not believe there is any means of impacting the conviction at this point.

unidentifiable

Yes

Dupliocate post primarily because this is a Military Tribunal. See, when convicted by the military, it is not the same as conviced by civillian court. If a civillian is confined, it is "understood" that he was terminated from employment. If you made a mistake on your job, you may be fired but probably not sent to confinement. However, if you are convicted in the military, you are fired and subject to the UCMJ. Therefore, I have dishonorably discharged and been convicted of a felony. Thus, the need for two different topic areas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">