• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UCMJ Art 15 is it a conviction?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PeteM

In 1978, while in the USMC, I received an Article 15 (UCMJ) voilation of art 134. Possession of 0.7 grams of marijuana. I received extra duty and a $50 dollar fine. The fine was suspended. When I went to renew my Licience to carry (LTC) last month it was denied due to a law that states "One cannot EVER be issued a LTC with a conviction of possession." I have had a LTC for years.
Everything I see (from various web pages) says that punishment under Article 15 (Nonjudicial punishment) is not constitute a ciminal conviction at the federal level. I HAVEN'T been able to find this in an actual law book/manual such as JAGMAN, UCMJ, MCM or any other military manuals. WHERE CAN I FIND A LEGAL REFERENCE TO THE FACT THAT ART15's ARE NOT CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS. I need this to apeal the denial of my LTC.

Thanks.. pete in mass

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">