• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized access to business email

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bham

I'm in Alabama working out of the house and my company is in South Carolina. I have a work computer and a work email address that is also my personal email address. I sent an email to a specific person. That email was sent to a an opposing parties lawyer who in turn copied and pasted the email and sent it to my lawyer. My lawyer sent it to me. I never sent this email to the opposing party so my email was accessed without my knowledge. The opposing lawyer states that I sent this email to the opposing party, which I did not. The copied and pasted email clearly shows it was not sent to the opposing party. The email is not work related. The email was a private communication between myself and a therapist for my daughter. Back in 2006 the opposing party accessed my email illegally and bragged about it. In August 2009 I changed all my passwords with the help of my company IS manager so the opposing party did not have access. I do not know how long this has been going on but the opposing party has had me in and out of litigation for years. Between settlements and lawyer fees I'm in the hole $100k. All my persoanl banking, taxes,etc are in this email account. So my questions are 1) Opposing party is using an email obtained illegally. Whether the lawyer knows it or not there is no record of the email being obtained legally. 2) The act by the opposing party to illegally gain access to my company email account falls under what law? 3) What can I do?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Double post.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/legal-ethics-lawyer-malpractice-89/lawyer-using-ilegally-accessed-email-605143.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">