• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized filming of intimate encounter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jergen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

Sexual encounter with prostitute at her apartment was taped. Camera was hidden. Do I have legal recourse from: l. the taping itself, and 2. If the tape is posted on the internet? Thank you.

CdwJava

Sexual encounter with prostitute at her apartment was taped. Camera was hidden. Do I have legal recourse from: l. the taping itself, and 2. If the tape is posted on the internet? Thank you.
Was there audio? or just video? (There is a reason I ask)

On its face, the recording could be a violation PC 632. If you want something to be done, you can go to the police with a crime report ... though, you might also find yourself at the receiving end of a prostitution charge.

You can also consult an attorney and see if there is some way to convince her to remove the video from the internet and/or destroy it under the threat of an injunction or litigation. A threatening letter from an attorney might be enough to get her to cease and desist.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

To think that you'd have to confess to comitting a crime in the process:eek:

CdwJava

Well, he could always wait for one year - after the SOL for the prostitution has passed - and then report the illegal recording. PC 632 can be charged as a felony and thus it can have a 3 year SOL. But, there are still ways that it might work out poorly for the OP even that way.

CdwJava

Thanks all for your replies. Was video only, no audio.
Then 632 can still apply. But, you are taking a chance by contacting the police. The civil route through an attorney might be the safer approach ... but, that's for you to decide.

davew128

Did it come out better than Paris Hilton's? In other words was it in normal color vision or night vision?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">