• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized Use Of a Motor Vehicle In NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jbinc55

What is the name of your state? NC
My stepson's girlfriend had to move in with us because her mother is psycho. She has a biker boyfriend and the daughter is interferring with her new life. The car the girl drives is in her mothers name, and under her insurance. When she called and told her mom she was coming to pay the insurance payment she told her dont bother she was cancelling the insurance, and taking back the car. She told her to park the car and she would come and get it the next day at 2. she complied. The next day nutso called and said bring it to me, and she said no come and get it. Her mom shows up, and asks for the keys she said if you sign a release that your taking the car I'll give them to you. SHe said no, I'll call the police which she did, and they came and arrested her in my living Room. She said i the statment that the daughter came and took the car without permission which is not the case, and suggestions on a good approach to this case?

J

Jbinc55

Cont:

The car note is held by the girls father who graciously granted her 11% interest monthly. It shows where she has made the payments. My question is what can we expect to go through in court, and can we get her for a false report afterwards, and go after her in Civil Court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">