• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized use of a vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunshine2021

Hi,

I had a few questions I wanted to ask if anyone knows about stuff like this. For the last few weeks my friends mom had been letting him use her car. He decided to take it out of state. He lives in the state that he ended up taking it which is ky. He had been back home visiting in virginia. Anyhow he came back to ky, and they were supposed to pick up the car at a certain location. He dropped it off. They ended up filing a warrant against him. When he found out he turned himself in here in ky. He has been charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle in the state of va. Right now they are holding him in ky. They are supposed to be sending him back to face the charges, and it's his first offense. Does anyone know what kind of punishment he can get? Or how long he might have to remain in jail? Also since he doesn't live in that state can they still give him probation? If so will the probation be through ky? Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">