• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized use of a vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sophia1234

The vehicle was purchase for me and I paid the deposit, insurance, payments, tags and HE never drove it. Eight months after I leave the state of Ohio and 24 payments later. HE goes to the county and tells them he did not give me permission to take the vehicle across state lines. So a very nice policeman calls me and tells me what HE has done and that I have to return the vehicle.

I was not happy about but the nice police officer told me that since the vehicle was in HIS name that if I didn't make arrangement to return the vehicle their would be a warrant issued.

So I worked with the very nice police officer and made arrangements with him to return the vehicle. Seven days after the vehicle was returned the very nice police officer calls and says THINGS did not quite work out the way he had indicated to me. The very nice police officer says there was a warrant filed for my arrest anyway. But for me not to worry it was only issued in Ohio:eek:. Now what?

Last edited:

justalayman

you need to get an attorney to help you deal with this. You run the risk of detention everytime you are stopped by the police for anything where your name would become known and you could be held for extradition to Ohio. Ohio may or may not extradite but regardless, it will be a big hassle.

It does sound as if it was a case of being vindictive but on the face of things, it would look like you were wrong. That is what the courts see right now and until you have a chance to argue the claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">