• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

under age drinking, advice needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andrewo2

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hello, I'm 19 and my friends and I were in a parking lot before a concert, and were drinking some beer (we were in the car). We were approached by exise police officers. And they proceeded to write us all drinking tickets "underage posession and consumption". Four of us were given breathalizer tests two were not. I was just wondering what I should expect when we go to court. In my knowledge it consists of a large fine 200-300 dollars, and some community service. What will happen in court? Also are there any defferment programs that allow such a charge to be removed from your record. I appologize for any spelling errors, and thank you in advance. Andy

A

andrewo2

Re: Re: under age drinking, advice needed

Son of Slam said:
posession= possession

breathalizer= breathalyzer

defferment=deferment

appologize= apologize

Your welcome
Uhm, do you mean "you're welcome"? Oh, you're welcome. Try to get the grammar right when you're correcting someone else's. Now I would be very thankful if you or anyone could try to help me out. Is there deferment avaliable on a charge like this? I read a similar post like this in the archive, it said that it will be on your adult record. Is your adult record with you until you die? Again if someone could help I would appreciate it. I don't have the best understanding of law as you can tell. If you'd prefer not to tell me thats fine. Though even if you could just clue me in on any resource where I could figure it out for myself would be great. Andy

P

pass23431

Were you one of the people that was given the breath test?

A

andrewo2

yes, .02 was the b.a.c obviously not legally intoxicated (.08 in Indiana), but since im under 21 it doesn't matter. I have no problem taking responsibility for what did, I really just wondered what the options are. If there is any way to have that at some point taken off my record that would be a positive. The peoples' tickets who weren't breathalyzed say "posession", while mine and everyone else's tickets say "posession and consumption".
Andy

P

pass23431

If you were indeed tested, the most likely outcome for this case will be a finding of guilty. You can either plea, or take it to trial, but the outcome will most likely be the same, guilty. You have little to stand on as far as a defense goes. The good news is; this is a very minor charge, worst case scenario being supervison perhaps accompanied by some court appointed counseling or education on the dangers of alcohol. The bad news is; because you are over 18, this will remain a part of your permanent record unless you have it expunged, which I beleive you should be able to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">