• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marana5683

What is the name of your state? Illinois.

I go to school at U of I in Urbana-Champaign. I was at a bar last night and it was raided by cops. I was sitting at a table with friends that were 21 and there were 2 empty beer pitchers and two full glasses of beer towards the middle of the table. The cop came up to us, and gave me and my other underage friend $270 drinking tickets for the beers at the table. However, there is no proof that I was drinking it. The ticket itself states that I was sitting at a table with a beer on it and I never told him the beer was mine. No breathalizer test was ever admistered, and my friends can vouch for me in court that I wasn't drinking the beer. If I were to contest this ticket, do I have a chance of not having to pay it? No where does it say in the ticket that I was ever in contact with the beer.

JETX

"If I were to contest this ticket, do I have a chance of not having to pay it?"
*** Of course you have a 'chance'!! A very, very, very slim one, but a chance nonetheless.

"No where does it say in the ticket that I was ever in contact with the beer."
*** It doesn't need to.

HomeGuru

Writer: what is your age and is there a liquor law that prevents the bar from allowing entry to those under 21 years of age?

M

marana5683

I am 20, and the law here is that you can enter the bar at age 19.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">