• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking at 20

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jonestown

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
A couple of my friends and I were at a very small party, there were eight of us there that we under 21 but over 18. However there were approximatley 12+ adults there ranging from 18-35...the party got busted for a noise violation of course everyone including the of age people all got freaked out and ran upstairs. Then an over aged person came in let them in and of course we came out of hiding and the underage people including myself were suppose to stand on the wall...The cop asked for our ID and then he shoved the breathlizer in my mouth stating what I had to do (meaning i did not have an option of taking it) I felt if i aforfieted it I would be in more severe charges I have neer been in trouble and especially with the law in anyway. The cop also did not read us our rights and he never even told me what I blew, is there anyone of appealing this? Trust me as soon as I heard the cops knockin at the door I learned my lesson completley that it is not worth any of it!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No you cannot appeal any of this. He didn't have to read you your rights. You were not being interrogated.

Jonestown

Underage scenerio # 2

I feel I am unengaged in the this activity...I took a sip of my gf's drink and at the time had no idea there was alcohol in the mixed drink...I shortly after realized it when they told me so. The officer did not read me what I blew even after I asked him politeley what the reading was. How can he not tell me what is my legal right to know? Is there anyone I can appeal this? If I can't is there any room for expungment for a first offense?

FlyingRon

He's not obligated to tell you at the time what you blow.

Have you been convicted yet?

There's no "expungement" in PA (first offense or otherwise).
There's the possibility of ARD but that's generally not done for summary offenses.

If you blew a non-zero BAC, you had more than a "sip"

With the exception of certain specific cases (none of which apply here) the police are not required to give you any legal advice during their investigation (and NEVER take legal advice form a cop).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">