• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Travs60

I live in North Carolina and was en route to a friend's house with a designated driver when an officer pulled us over. He never informed us of why we were being pulled over, he reached the car, noticed that we had more people than were seatbelts and that the car smelled of alcohol, because a person of age was drinking and had spilled vodka on herself, but she immeditaely took responsibility. The officer asked the driver to take a breathalyzer test, she was under 21 but blew a .00 because she had not been drinking. The officer went back to his car, then returned and asked everyone in the car to step out and line up. He administered breathalyzer tests to 9 people before me, and then informed us that everyone except for the driver would be recieving tickets for underage consumption. I take the 5th as to whether or not I had been drinking, but when the test came to me I had to blow 3 times because it didnt register the first 2 times. When I recieved my ticket there is an area for where the Blood alcoholcontent should be recorded, or where the denial of taking the breathalyzer test could be recorded, and ther was nothing in either area. There is also no record of why the officer stopped us in the first place. I was unsure of whether to fight the ticket because i highly doubt I failed the test, but because I recieved a ticket I must have failed. Any advice on whether topay the ticket or fight the case would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">