• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage drinking in AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jamez469

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I am 19, and I recently went to Mexico with 5 friends. We drank some beer and hung out for a bit. When we came back across the border into AZ, we were stopped. My friend was driving, and he got cited for underage drinking, DUI, and 3 of us passengers got cited for underage drinking. I was cited an MIC. I did not get tested in any way, in fact at the time of the stop I was no longer drunk. I stayed calm, and answered all the officers questions. I feel I was wrongly cited, but don't know what I should do. My other 2 friends were tested, and 1 passed the pen test but was cited anyways. He is going to fight it. The girl passenger did not get cited or tested, eventhough she drank just as much as us. What should I do? Should I plead guilty and just take what the Judge gives me, or should I plead not guilty or no contest? Please help me ASAP. I have court on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 10 a.m. Thanks

JarMow

Passing pen test = unconditional release

Jamez469 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

I am 19, and I recently went to Mexico with 5 friends. We drank some beer and hung out for a bit.
Sounds like a good time.

When we came back across the border into AZ, we were stopped.
I'm glad.

My friend was driving, and he got cited for underage drinking, DUI, and 3 of us passengers got cited for underage drinking. I was cited an MIC. I did not get tested in any way, in fact at the time of the stop I was no longer drunk. I stayed calm, and answered all the officers questions.
Sounds legal to me.

I feel I was wrongly cited, but don't know what I should do.
I don't understand. Wrongly cited? You admitted to underage drinking at the beginning of your post! Undoubtedly you and the entire car smelled of alcohol, and the occupants were most likely visibly intoxicated.

I am 19, and I recently went to Mexico with 5 friends. We drank some beer..
You broke the law, you got caught, now pay the price.

My other 2 friends were tested, and 1 passed the pen test but was cited anyways. He is going to fight it. The girl passenger did not get cited or tested, eventhough she drank just as much as us. What should I do? Should I plead guilty and just take what the Judge gives me, or should I plead not guilty or no contest? Please help me ASAP. I have court on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 10 a.m. Thanks
He what? He passed the pen test and STILL got cited? Oh no! Supreme court here we come! You don't have a case. Plead guilty, and save your time and resources.

(Added) Oops, didn't see that court was this morning. What was the outcome?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">