• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DougD720

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hello Everyone,

I was at my house last night with some friends celebrating the end of summer. We were drinking a little bit of alcohol and all but one of us were underage. The police came to the house. We were sitting out back on the porch, my backyard is gated.

Three officers reached over the closed gate and opened it, entered my backyard and did not identify themselves as police officers. I asked for the officers names and badge numbers as to ascertain that they were truly police officers and one of the officers threatened to charge me with more crimes as well as harassed me.

Three of us recieved citations for underage drinking and we do not know how to proceed with this. We were all breathalyzed once with a PBT and our alleged BAC's were over .02 (Legal Limit for Minors in PA).

After the citations were written the officers left the garbage from the breathalyzer testing on my porch and yard, including tubes and wrappers.

How should we proceed with this? What courses of action do we have? None of us are wealthy, we all go to college in a few days, and we cannot afford lawyers for these proceedings.

Any advice and help that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

I researched the PA Code Laws last night and believe that the officers violated three of the PA Code Laws, Rule 405 - Issuance of Citation. Rule 207. Manner of Entry into Premises. And Rule 42.21. Identification and Uniform Requirements. Not to mention a possible breach of Fourth Amendment Rights.

The officers did not explain why they decided to show up at my residence, nor did they identify themselves as police officers upon opening the closed gate in my backyard.

We all go to school and just want to handle this as quickly as possible without getting our licenses suspended or going to jail or anything along those lines.

Thank you!

xylene

best way possible.

Get a lawyer.

Plead not guilty or as advised.

---

After it all over, write angry, invective filled letter to police.

Something along the lines of "I'm so glad radar guns give you crotch cancer."

You'll feel better anyway.

DougD720

Problem is that we cannot afford lawyers, and we all go to school soon. i asked a friend of mine, who is a lawyer, but not a criminal lawyer, and he says the police needed a warrant. But this was my backyard, do they need warrants for gated backyards? Or do warrants only apply to houses?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">