• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage drinking -GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kparker1063

What is the name of your state? GA

I was arressted for underage drinking I am 19. I have no previous record of any kind. I was not driving I was at a friends apartment. I was given a breathlizer test. I was told by the officer to plead no lo. Do i need a lawyer? can i just plead no lo in court without a lawyer? I also heard this would go off of my record when I became 21. I don't think that is true. I really can not afford a lawyer.

Thanks kp

P

pass23431

If you can show that you cannot afford a lawyer, you could always qualify for a public defender. This is a fairly minor charge. Although you are not 21, or old enough to legally be consuming alcohol, you are, however, an adult in the eyes of the law, and you will be charged as such, and yes, this will be on your record as an adult charge.

K

kparker1063

underage drinking GA

Thanks! What about the no contest plea? Or should I just plead guilty?

racer72

A nolo plea means that you do not admit guilt but there is enough evidence that you would probably be found guilty at trial. You are looking at a fine, possible probation and will be required to attend an alcohol education program. Simple misdemeanors such as this will not qualify you for a court appointed attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">