• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking (Open Container, Underage Possession of Alcohol)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

epitaph873

Alright, here's the situation...
I was caught by two undercover cops outside of an apartment holding a beer. I recieved a ticket for an Open Container and Underage Possession of Alcohol. This was in Bowling Green, Ohio, although I live in Cleveland, Ohio. I have no previous offenses other than traffic tickets. I work as a research assistant at Case Wester Reserve University and am paid in a scholarship. My question is should I get a lawyer, or would it be possible for me to get a court appointed attorney. I want to spend the least amount of money on this ordeal and not have to drive to Bowling Green as much as possible. I'm not sure how the whole process works, so any information, or advice would be extremely helpful.
Thanks
Epitaph873

E

epitaph873

Well in case anyone else gets in a similar situation like this....
Bowling Green has a special program for underage possession/open container offenders. If it's your first offense, then you can get off by entering their alcohol program. Basically, it's 5 months prohbation without having to report to a PO, $150 fine, $35 court cost, 6 hours community service in Bowling Green, and you have to go to an alcohol class that is approved by the court. In return for complying with the program the offense does not show up on your criminal record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">