• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking/Public Intoxication PA Penalities/Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mr_Master2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

Hi, I am a college student and had been out drinking Wednesday night. I was walking back around 2:15 in the morning alone which I see now was very stupid. As I was walking back, a police car was driving by and stopped. Two cops got out and said they could smell alcohol on my breath, and I will admit, I was pretty drunk. Although I was very cooperative with the police, I got two citations, one for underage consumption and one for public intoxication. The public intoxication citation states that I was drunk enough to endanger my health or the health of others. What should I do now? I think I have to call the police station, but I'm not sure if I should get a lawyer or not. Should I call the courthouse and try to talk to the judge? I know that underage drinking is a fine of up to $500 and a license suspension for 90 days, but how much is the public intoxication charge? Should I plead not guilty and try to get the sentence reduced, or should I plead guilty? If this goes on my record, is there a way to eventually get it removed? Does the fact that I was very cooperative with the police help my case at all or not? I happened to see this article http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2004/04/04-15-04tdc/04-15-04dnews-12.asp that gave me some hope that I can get a lesser charge.

I apologize for the long post, but I am very worried over this and I still haven't told my parents yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

starr312

:confused: :mad: :( :( :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :cool:
Mr_Master2 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

Hi, I am a college student and had been out drinking Wednesday night. I was walking back around 2:15 in the morning alone which I see now was very stupid. As I was walking back, a police car was driving by and stopped. Two cops got out and said they could smell alcohol on my breath, and I will admit, I was pretty drunk. Although I was very cooperative with the police, I got two citations, one for underage consumption and one for public intoxication. The public intoxication citation states that I was drunk enough to endanger my health or the health of others. What should I do now? I think I have to call the police station, but I'm not sure if I should get a lawyer or not. Should I call the courthouse and try to talk to the judge? I know that underage drinking is a fine of up to $500 and a license suspension for 90 days, but how much is the public intoxication charge? Should I plead not guilty and try to get the sentence reduced, or should I plead guilty? If this goes on my record, is there a way to eventually get it removed? Does the fact that I was very cooperative with the police help my case at all or not? I happened to see this article http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2004/04/04-15-04tdc/04-15-04dnews-12.asp that gave me some hope that I can get a lesser charge.

I apologize for the long post, but I am very worried over this and I still haven't told my parents yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">