• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Kissing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Captain C

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am 30 and I had a quick thing with a 17 year old over the summer. The most we ever did was kiss. My family knows about it and her family knows about it. Is there anything that can be done to me legally since I am 30 and she was 17? Can her family be the only one to file charges or can someone else outside of the situation? Her family does not want to press anything. Please help!

HomeGuru

Captain C said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I am 30 and I had a quick thing with a 17 year old over the summer. The most we ever did was kiss. My family knows about it and her family knows about it. Is there anything that can be done to me legally since I am 30 and she was 17? Can her family be the only one to file charges or can someone else outside of the situation? Her family does not want to press anything. Please help!

**A: please explain the type of kissing and if you ever touched her in addition to the kissing.

C

Captain C

Kissing was just mouth to mouth. No clothes were ever removed. Hands were never placed inside clothing.

HomeGuru

Captain C said:
Kissing was just mouth to mouth.

***A: that is usuall how things start.
No clothes were ever removed. Hands were never placed inside clothing.

**A: the law does not make a distinction between removal of clothing and the touching of a person outside or inside clothing.

C

Captain C

No feeling of any private areas. Just some hugging and kissing. Where do I stand?

J

JazmineB

Thought that someone mentioned in the other thread that 17 is the age of majority in TX. And what were you doing w/ a 17 y.o.? Big age difference.

C

Captain C

Big mistake....long story. Friend of the family and we got too friendly. Started out as being innocent friends but became more. We both knew it was wrong. Both families know about it. I just want to make sure that nothing legally can happen to me because of my stupidity. Both families want it to drop. I just need to make sure for my own piece of mind. Any hdefinite help by anyone would be greatly appreciated.

S

shadowknight

O I am suprised old guy IAAL has not jumped on this with his normal sarcastic crap! If both side of the issue are in understanding with the situation and you keep it all in good with each other. Then there is nothing to worry about however if she should get a nasty hair and decide to turn on you she can say whatever she wants to the court and it is her and her families word against yours. Not to spook you, just to let you know. My wife is 18 in nov. and I am 34 this year I know sounds bad. But when I am 44 and she is 28 no one will give a rats ass and or they will look at her and go wow lucky guy. Or maybe not. Just be really careful and if you are a little nervous contact a lawyer for advice. O but hey don't listen to me according to mister old guy IAAL I am a childmolester, whatever little old 7 eleven dude.

Anyway good luck and if said" IAAL", comes on just ignore his sorry ass. He is nothing just a old guy lawyer wanabe looking up info on the internet to make himself look like one!

S

Sk8board

After reading the links you gave me, and researching the laws pertaining to Statutory Rape, the girl is of legal age in Texas, and I don't see any ramifications, legally, from what you did.

Whyte Noise

Captain C

Since others told you the age of consent in Texas was 17 and that you've done nothing illegal, but you still want others to back that up.... here you go. Straight from the Texas Penal Code itself, copied word for word so that there is NO mistaking the age of consent in Texas is 17.

"§ 21.11. Indecency With a Child

(a) A person commits an offense if, with a child younger than 17 years and not the person's spouse, whether the child is of the same or opposite sex, the person:

(1) engages in sexual contact with the child or causes the child to engage in sexual contact; or

(2) with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person:

(A) exposes the person's anus or any part of the person's genitals, knowing the child is present; or

(B) causes the child to expose the child's anus or any part of the child's genitals.

(b) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that the actor:

(1) was not more than three years older than the victim and of the opposite sex;

(2) did not use duress, force, or a threat against the victim at the time of the offense; and

(3) at the time of the offense:

(A) was not required under Chapter 62, Code of Criminal Procedure, to register for life as a sex offender; or

(B) was not a person who under Chapter 62 had a reportable conviction or adjudication for an offense under this section.

(c) In this section, "sexual contact" means the following acts, if committed with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person:

(1) any touching by a person, including touching through clothing, of the anus, breast, or any part of the genitals of a child; or

(2) any touching of any part of the body of a child, including touching through clothing, with the anus, breast, or any part of the genitals of a person.

(d) An offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a felony of the second degree and an offense under Subsection (a)(2) is a felony of the third"

C

Captain C

Under (b)(1) it says if not more than 3 years older. I am more than 3 years older. Am I misunderstanding it?

M

minerk

That would only apply if she was under 17. Get over it already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">