• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage posession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccoffman85

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I'm a college student (18years of age) attending an out of state college. Just recently I went to a party on another college campus and got stuck carrying a backpack full of beer. Needless to say, a policeman saw me, called me over and asked what was in the backpack. He asked me to open it up so I did and he found the beer. He wrote me a citation for underage posession of a malt beverage. I read the North Carolina state laws on this subject and it said it was a Class I Misdeamenor I believe. On my court date I'm going to plea guilty simply because I have no choice, but what kind of impact will this have down the road...permenent record history?

Will this stay with me forever or what....or is there a way to get this removed from my record???

Also, when I was asked for ID, i was very nervous and just flat out forgot I had any on me. The officer later spotted my wallet and asked to see it ....in doing so, he found my ID and also wrote an obstruction and delay citation for that as well.

What kind of punishment am I looking at??

Thanks for the help in advance.

Son of Slam

ccoffman85 said:
No one can help??????

Will this stay with me forever
**Yes

is there a way to get this removed from my record???
**You can have it made so the public can't se it , but the law can.

when I was asked for ID, i was very nervous and just flat out

**Lied?

What kind of punishment am I looking at??
**No big deal, you'll handle it.

P

pass23431

this is a very minor charge, because you are 18, it will be a part of your adult record, and not sealed as a juvenille crime, however; once this is all said and done, it will one of the few offenses that is expungable. a couple of hundred bucks and an attorney, is all it will take, don't sweat it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">