• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent Reply Needed A.s.a.p.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arayahope4me

This case is in California.Thank you for reading this. Here's the details. My urgent "?" will follow. My ex-husband Sam is charged with a crime he did not commit. Trial is set to begin next week. This is a 3rd strike case. Sam has a past but was off parole over a year & prior to these allegations he had not been in any trouble. If convicted he faces 25 to life. He is charged with Burglary of $80,000 & $20,000 in jewelry. (of which none has been recovered) @ the house of his previous boss Casey. Casey claims to of had cash and jewelry in or behind a drawer in the bathroom of his home. There are no bank records or any proof he ever had the money or jewelry. In the police report Casey (his boss) stated he didn't know when the items were stolen the last time he saw the money was 4-3-07 & on 4-11-07 he noticed it gone when he went to get some money out to pay his workers and noticed it missing. Casey told the officer he did not know who took it , that Sam & I had stopped by so Sam could get paid few days prior but he was unsure if we used the restroom. He thought Sam got a beer from the kitchen. He also had a few workers that had been working there all day. They went in & out of the house for bathroom breaks, a drink etc.. .They were never questioned. There are no fingerprints. No eyewitness that saw Sam do this. The evidence they have is a recorded statement I made in custody facing felony drug charges in the county I was arrested in as well as embezzlement charges in the county Sam is awaiting trial. Prior to my arraignment the Officer told me I was not going to court and may go home. Shortly after that I was taken to a room with Detectives and had a recorded interview @ first I told the truth that I thought the victims son had done this. I was scared @ the time and my emotions were all over the place. I asked if I was going home and was told possibly. We were getting nowhere. I felt they did not believe me that I had no knowledge of the alleged theft prior to my arrest when the officers told me all about what they believed took place and that Eric had committed this crime . I then made a Big Mistake & took jailhouse advice and changed the story. I said as we pulled away from his bosses home that Sam handed me a money bag and asked me to count it. I counted approx. $20,000 but that there was no jewelry. I was confident @ the time of this taping that they would not file charges due to the fact that they lacked evidence and in reality on the day in question Casey asked us to give one of his workers there a lift home. I thought the truth would come out to discredit my statement about counting money & being given a money bag.That was the biggest mistake of my life. The Public Defender said Casey didn't need to prove ever really having the money or jewelry in question. A Detective for Sam's Public Defender told my Uncle during a phone interview Sam was a piece of **** & he did not like him. This scares me. He then called me wants me to go see him for a pre trial interview. I was supposed to go Friday the 18th. I did not go. I left a message with Sam's Public Defender asking him to relay my message to the detective that I was not going to make it for interview & needed to reschedule. I had the chance to talk with a lawyer who strongly suggested that if I was going there with the intentions of recanting my statement I should try to have legal counsel with me. I was informed I could face charges for changing my statement & by doing this the D.A may bring up the embezzlement and drug charges against me. My Question is this if I don't get on the stand or recant my statement can they convict Sam of this crime on my recorded statement alone?Time is running short. Eric’s next court date is Jan. 28th.Sam was told without me on the stand my testimony may be used @ his trial but that it alone could not convict him. Is this true? Can he be found Guilty just from my recorded statement ? Thanks again for your much appreciated reply !

arayahope4me
View Public Profile
Send a private message to arayahope4me
Find More Posts by arayahope4me
Add arayahope4me to Your Buddy List

PJ Weber

I then made a Big Mistake & took jailhouse advice and changed the story. I said as we pulled away from his bosses home that Sam handed me a money bag and asked me to count it. I counted approx. $20,000 but that there was no jewelry.
Yikes !!:eek:

Why on earth would you say something like that?

You need a lawyer . . . like yesterday !!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">