• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Law Only!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Bavaria

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-04-24T184726Z_01_L24592052_RTRUKOC_0_US-GERMANY-CORPSE.xml

Woman nabbed driving corpse across country
Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:47 PM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - A 53-year-old German woman who was driving her dead mother across country to save on mortuary transportation costs was fined by police for disturbing a dead person's peace.

"You're not allowed to transport dead people in your private car," said Ralf Schomisch, police spokesman in Koblenz, where the car was found after a tip-off from a mortuary.

"The corpse was on the back seat without a seat belt, which in this case didn't really matter. But it was covered up with clothing. It is a misdemeanor."

He said the woman, who was not identified, was charged with violating burial laws and disturbing a dead person's peace. She would face a modest fine, Schomisch said.

The woman had already driven 450 km (280 miles) after picking up the body from a mortuary in the northern city of Bremerhaven. She wanted to bury her mother, who died of natural causes aged 90, in her hometown Daun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Reuters 2006. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

I know, I know: US Law Only!

But aren't you curious how a person could be "...fined by police for disturbing a dead person's peace..."?

Oh.

Wait a minute.

This happened in Germany.

Okay, never mind....

S

shell007

Shay-Pari'e said:
I'm curious what kind of person drives their dead mother around in the back seat of their car. Talk about weard.
I thought this stuff only went on in the movies. Remember "Psycho":eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">