• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Use Of Voice Mail Messages/Privacy Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MegaVortex

What is the name of your state? - Michigan

Would it be a crime if I posted a voice mail message that someone left me online as a download. I included a few in a podcast that I did, and I`m wondering whether or not there could possibly be any criminal or civil action brought against me. I don`t see how you can have a reasonable expectation of privacy when you record your voice on someone else`s voice mail, but I`m just checking to be sure. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

HomeGuru

MegaVortex said:
What is the name of your state? - Michigan

Would it be a crime if I posted a voice mail message that someone left me online as a download. I included a few in a podcast that I did, and I`m wondering whether or not there could possibly be any criminal or civil action brought against me. I don`t see how you can have a reasonable expectation of privacy when you record your voice on someone else`s voice mail, but I`m just checking to be sure. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

**A: yes, it may be a crime depending upon exactly what was stated.
And since you failed to tell us, I will say it is a crime.

BelizeBreeze

HomeGuru said:
**A: Always Low Prices Always.

signed,

Sam Walton
All they need to do is to set up some website somewhere selling some bogus product at twenty percent of the normal market prices and people are going to be tricked into providing their credit card numbers.

Signed,

[guess who]

HomeGuru

BelizeBreeze said:
All they need to do is to set up some website somewhere selling some bogus product at twenty percent of the normal market prices and people are going to be tricked into providing their credit card numbers.

Signed,

[guess who]

**A: but then can't they sue for slip and fall while shopping online in the comfort of their own home?

BelizeBreeze

HomeGuru said:
**A: but then can't they sue for slip and fall while shopping online in the comfort of their own home?
Of course, then they would retain the services of a good attorney and sue themselves.

And you know what? They would WIN!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">