• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

valid narcotic prescription refused and with held

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anneash

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi All!

I suffer from chronic pain and have been under the treatment of the same pain mgt. clinic for approximately 3 years now. I follow all the protocols associated with the use of opiate/narcotic pain relievers, including using the same pharmacy to obtain my monthly refills. I brought my prescriptions to be filled at this pharmacy today. One new medication was added, but the others were the same I bring in each month with one exception - they were written for 45 days as opposed to the usual 30. The clinic is "dropping" the insurance plan that covers me, so they added 2 weeks of medicine to allow me enough time to find a new doctor. One (of 4 total prescriptions) was written on the wrong type of paper (this has happened before) so it was returned to me to take to my doctor's office to have corrected and brought back. 2 would be filled and the last held for 3-4 days (it was a little early). I paid for my scripts and then requested a copy of the script being held for documentation/safekeeping purposes (pain doctors do not accept "it was lost" as a valid reason to re-write a prescription - whether it be yourself or the pharmacy who lost it!)After waiting another 20 minutes for the copy, and observing the pharmacist and pharmacy manager whispering to each other I was asked to return the filled and purchased prescriptions to the consult counter where they took my medication back from me and informed me that they detected "discrepancies" on the scripts and were unable to fill them. They would contact the doctor's office on Monday (today is Saturday). He let me know that he would owe me a huge apology if everything turned out to be 'okay'. He didn't tell me exactly what was wrong with the scripts. He was vague and mentioned many issues, including the DEA no. wasn't written correctly, they appeared "different" than scripts I had brought in before after comparing them to previous scripts in my file and other "discrepancies". The prescriptions were not returned to me. He did refund my co-pay. Unfortunately I did not ask him to clarify exactly what was wrong with them, but it was clear he suspected they were not legitimate. I in no way altered any of these (I know it's a felony) beyond folding them in half to put in my purse. It's clear I'm being accused of a serious crime even thought he didn't actually say so. This will put me without 2 medications I need to function for over 2 days unnecessarily. I'm absolutely livid and looking for a way to seek some level of recourse for being falsely accused of a felony drug crime. Any thoughts, suggestions and/or advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
anneash

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi All!

I suffer from chronic pain and have been under the treatment of the same pain mgt. clinic for approximately 3 years now. I follow all the protocols associated with the use of opiate/narcotic pain relievers, including using the same pharmacy to obtain my monthly refills. I brought my prescriptions to be filled at this pharmacy today. One new medication was added, but the others were the same I bring in each month with one exception - they were written for 45 days as opposed to the usual 30. The clinic is "dropping" the insurance plan that covers me, so they added 2 weeks of medicine to allow me enough time to find a new doctor. One (of 4 total prescriptions) was written on the wrong type of paper (this has happened before) so it was returned to me to take to my doctor's office to have corrected and brought back. 2 would be filled and the last held for 3-4 days (it was a little early). I paid for my scripts and then requested a copy of the script being held for documentation/safekeeping purposes (pain doctors do not accept "it was lost" as a valid reason to re-write a prescription - whether it be yourself or the pharmacy who lost it!)After waiting another 20 minutes for the copy, and observing the pharmacist and pharmacy manager whispering to each other I was asked to return the filled and purchased prescriptions to the consult counter where they took my medication back from me and informed me that they detected "discrepancies" on the scripts and were unable to fill them. They would contact the doctor's office on Monday (today is Saturday). He let me know that he would owe me a huge apology if everything turned out to be 'okay'. He didn't tell me exactly what was wrong with the scripts. He was vague and mentioned many issues, including the DEA no. wasn't written correctly, they appeared "different" than scripts I had brought in before after comparing them to previous scripts in my file and other "discrepancies". The prescriptions were not returned to me. He did refund my co-pay. Unfortunately I did not ask him to clarify exactly what was wrong with them, but it was clear he suspected they were not legitimate. I in no way altered any of these (I know it's a felony) beyond folding them in half to put in my purse. It's clear I'm being accused of a serious crime even thought he didn't actually say so. This will put me without 2 medications I need to function for over 2 days unnecessarily. I'm absolutely livid and looking for a way to seek some level of recourse for being falsely accused of a felony drug crime. Any thoughts, suggestions and/or advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
anneash
You haven't been accused of a crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">