• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vandalism

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedracer2169

What is the name of your state? California

Well on last sunday this guy came to my house and bashed my trunk and broke the spoiler to my car. My wife yelled at him as he walked up to my car and then he hit and ran. I chased him and got his license plae number. We believe that this is the guy that alsi vandalized one of our other cars. Now the reason is that his nephew, the guy that hit my car is in his 40's, had some stupid grudge against my little brother in law and that guy brought his nephew to our house to fight him. I didn't know about this until this happened to my car. Well my brother in law beat the **** out of him and i guess he got upset about that. They called the police but they never took a report or anything. Well anyways I called the police the night he vandalized. He left the bat that he used to hit my car, gave them the license plate number to his car, his address because my brother in law knows where he lives and all the information they needed. So far I haven't heard anything from Riverside Sherriff yet. At this point what should I do and how do I proceed in filing charges against him.

CdwJava

Contact the Sheriff's Department again. If no one responds, speak to a watch commander.

Eventually someone will take the report. But depending on how busy they are, it may take them a long time to look into the matter. You might consider a civil suit against the vandal for the damages, as well ... IF he has any assets.

- Carl

moburkes

CdwJava said:
Contact the Sheriff's Department again. If no one responds, speak to a watch commander.

Eventually someone will take the report. But depending on how busy they are, it may take them a long time to look into the matter. You might consider a civil suit against the vandal for the damages, as well ... IF he has any assets.

- Carl
Don't forget to the file the comprehensive claim with your insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">