• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vandalism, menacing, or stalking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andyishot9

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ohio

Ok, well I need help!

So the story is, over the past 6 months or so, someone I know kept throwing miscellaneous trash into the front yard of a particular house. A week ago the homeowners spotted him doing it again and got his license plate. Today two police officers came to his house looking for him saying the car was being charged with this repeated offense. He was not home and now we are wondering what he is being charged with.

I have looked up some things and I can only find that it may be considered Stalking by Menacing. But I am not sure so I have some questions.

Would he have been arrested if he was home? What are the charges he will face? No damage has occurred to the property so I wonder what will happen. Anyone with insight or a solution to this problem your help would be appreciated. Thanks

las365

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ohio

Ok, well I need help!

So the story is, over the past 6 months or so, someone I know kept throwing miscellaneous trash into the front yard of a particular house. A week ago the homeowners spotted him doing it again and got his license plate. Today two police officers came to his house looking for him saying the car was being charged with this repeated offense. He was not home and now we are wondering what he is being charged with.

I have looked up some things and I can only find that it may be considered Stalking by Menacing. But I am not sure so I have some questions.

Would he have been arrested if he was home? What are the charges he will face? No damage has occurred to the property so I wonder what will happen. Anyone with insight or a solution to this problem your help would be appreciated. Thanks
Well now Andy, the good news is I don't think your car will be charged with any criminal offense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">