• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle seizures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LORDHUFF

What is the name of your state? az

ANYBODY KNOW under what circumstances can Immigration officers seize your vehicle ?

L

loocpoc

If your in violation of Title 18 or Title 21 of the US Code then ICE or CBP can seize your vehicle.

L

LORDHUFF

well for starters thank u 4 replying.
but heres the funny thing, i did nothing wrong. and didn't get charged with anything. this is what happen: i was coming back from mexico and immigration officers pulled 3 vehicles over 1 being mine. the officer asked me if i've had anybody else in the vehicle, i said no. which i didn't. then he said is that what the cameras going to show. and i replied with a yes. well then he went back to his car and i guess
he ran my info through the computer. he sat in his car 4 what seem to be about 15mins. then he came back and handed me my id and registration back, and said i was free to go. then he went back to where the other vehicles where pulled over and i went on my way. now i just came through the border check point, and i was about half way to the other check point when i was pulled over. now when i reached the 2nd check point the officer asked me to pull over to the side of the road. i asked what 4 he said that someone had something to tell me. so i pulled over and waited about 10mins. when at that time 1 of the officers that had pulled over 1 of the other vehicles came up to me and said i saw 3 other people in your truck when i past by u. and i said i dont think so. then he said in a loud voice get out the truck i dont like people who try to play me 4 a fool. well at this time i was in shock that this was even happening, it was like i just stepped into the twilight zone. well he began to search me then put me in the back of his vehicle. this all happen around 8:30 a.m. he then took me up the road to there station. where they started telling me the penalty 4 smuggling illegal aliens. and that i should come clean about all this. and i said i don't have anything to come clean about. then the one officer who was being a a**hole was still tring to say he saw people in my truck and that it would not be long be 4 they have proof. because they had officers out on horse back and a helocopter out looking 4 them. and that the camera footage would be ready. and i said good then u'll see i'm telling the truth. well as i was waiting they finger printed me and took pictures. well about 2:00 p.m one of the officers came and took me out of the cell and took me to my truck and said i could get my stuff out of the truck that i was free to go but they where seizing my truck and i said 4 what. he said 4 smuggling illegal aliens. then i said this is the biggest pile of sh*t i have ever heard. then he said just get your stuff. well as i gathered my stuff i noticed my radar detector was missing when i asked about it the 1 officer said he would ask who brought the truck to the station. well as i waited another officer came up to me and said. what u think that one of the officers took your radar detector. i said well let me put it to u this way when i got out of the truck it was there now when i went to get my stuff out of the truck it was gone now u can take that how ever u want. o boy did that make him mad but at this point i didnt care. well he told me i better watch what i say in a loud voice. then he said so what u want to file a complaint and i said like it wouild do any good but yeah i would. so i filled out the complaint and asked 4 a copy to be made 4 me. well he took the paper and when he came back he said that it was a internal paper (or something like that) and that he couldn't give me a copy. which i know he was full of sh*t. well they gave me a paper about the seizure of my vehicle and how to go about getting it back. then 1 of the officers put me in the back of the truck took me to the nearest phone and left me out in the middle of nowhere. it was about a 3 hour drive to phoenix where i live. which i had to wait 4 a friend to come and get me.

now was that f**ked up or what. i still can't believe that it happen
so any info u might have on this would be most greatful. and once again thank u 4 replying

L

loocpoc

Easy its called a border search and its legal. Border searches are legal and dont even require a warrant.

L

LORDHUFF

i know about border searches but that still does not tell me how they can seize my vehicle when i did nothing wrong and 4 them to steal my radar detector :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">