• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Theft question - Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

norlalos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

My question is this...

I have a vehicle in my name.. I own the title and am the only one who does.

I've lent the vehicle to my recently ex-ed wife to help support the children. The problem is that her fiance is now driving it. He does NOT have MY permission to utilize the vehicle and it was not lent to them for that purpose.

When I see him driving it, can I file a stolen vehilce report? And will it be taken seriously?

Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

My question is this...

I have a vehicle in my name.. I own the title and am the only one who does.

I've lent the vehicle to my recently ex-ed wife to help support the children. The problem is that her fiance is now driving it. He does NOT have MY permission to utilize the vehicle and it was not lent to them for that purpose.

When I see him driving it, can I file a stolen vehilce report? And will it be taken seriously?

Thank you.
The vehicle is not stolen. If you report it as such, you are filing a false police report. I would suggest that you ask for your vehicle back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">