• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Vandalism

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LegalhelpflipCA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I would like to get your advice on how to strengthen my case against someone who vandalized my vehicle (keyed my car)

We were shopping at a grocery store and actually VISUALIZED the guy who vandalized my car (one of four men in the vehicle he ran into). Ran after them, followed them to their home and got the cops involved. The suspect kept denying the accusation even with me and my friend witnessing him and his key being confiscated since the cop saw some silver specks on his gold key.

He did not want to settle then and there thus bringing me to press charges against him. How can I strengthen my case? I want this A**hole to pay. So far, I have our statements, police reports, and his key (but we cant do a paint match in this county). Sadly, the grocery store did not have surveillance cameras on the lot. I know that him and his 3 other friends will continue to conspire and deny this therefore your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Does anybody know of the proceedings when I file the report with the magistrate? If they serve him with a warrant, will they arrest him (I sure hope so). Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">