• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crinderle

What is the name of your state? VA

My fourteen year old son was home alone when an aquaintence sped into our neighborhood, banged on the door and began yelling at him for offending his daughter. He established that the parents were not present at the home and proceeded to yell and scare my son. His words were, "If you ever speak to my daughter that way again, boy.... and "I'll be back". He did not touch my son, but his tone was very threatening and witnesses were very afraid that this man was unstable. Can I charge him with verbal assault? I plan to definitely file a no trespassing order against him, but I want him to realize that he can not go to people's homes and scare their children. My neighbor, who is a police officer noted that he sped into the neighborhood. He thought he was an invited guest and did not want to interfere since he was off duty. Thoughts???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">