• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbally bashed for asking advice on adopted foal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brhiannon222

I adopted a PMU Foal from a rescue group on the internet. I live in NY & the adoption group is in S. Carolina. I've had him about 21/2 months. He's been ill with a joint deformitie since I got him. Been to vet for xrays & vet says no surgery can be helpful only joint supplement medications. And we can only hope it helps. He's been on a good Medicine for his legs. But recently he slipped in the snow about 3x & had awful time getting up due to painful joints. So I went online to the group, all distraught & worried & asked for advice & prayers. What I got was major verbal bashing! This one woman started it calling me a whiner,incompetent owner for my foal, threatened to beat me up & threatened to turn me in for abuse! Then alot of group members joined her & really verbally bashed me! Now none of them will talk to me, only in a mean manner. I can't get foal advice,etc. Anyway, a woman from ODS contacted me via email & said she's sending someone out to my home to see me & check my horses condition for abuse! I was appalled! But someone told me ODS is only volunteers & I can refuse their visit. I have nothing to hide. I am disgusted by animal abusers. Then I found out I can sue this 1 woman for defamation. Is this possible? I'm not into sueing people, but the emails her & others sent me are awful! Now if I wanna adopt another PMU foal later, no one will deal with me. What do I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

How can we possibly give you an opinion ?

You have not posted ALL of the messages to your post, that you sent, or those that you received. If you want advice, you'll need to post EACH of the messages in their entirety for us to read.

IAAL

B

Brhiannon222

IAAL,
I'm new on here. So what do you mean, post all messages? I sent 1 post only.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: Verbally bashed for asking advice on adopted foal

Brhiannon222 said:
IAAL,
I'm new on here. So what do you mean, post all messages? I sent 1 post only.

My response:

All of the e-mails and other messages, both by you and anyone else concerning the horse issue, that are referenced in the following, written by you in your initial post

"So I went online to the group, all distraught & worried & asked for advice & prayers. What I got was major verbal bashing! This one woman started it calling me a whiner,incompetent owner for my foal, threatened to beat me up & threatened to turn me in for abuse! Then alot of group members joined her & really verbally bashed me! Now none of them will talk to me, only in a mean manner. I can't get foal advice,etc. Anyway, a woman from ODS contacted me via email & said she's sending someone out to my home to see me & check my horses condition for abuse! I was appalled!"

". . . but the ** emails ** her & others sent me are awful!"

You'll notice that you used the plural form of "e-mail" - - evidencing more than one e-mail passing from you to them, and them to you.

Please, copy and paste ALL of the messages passing from you to them, and them to you, on this thread so that we can read them.

IAAL

B

Brhiannon222

Re: Re: Re: Verbally bashed for asking advice on adopted foal

IAAL,
Call me stupid I guess. :( I'm so computer illiterate, I'm unsure how to copy & paste them to get them here. Could you please help me do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">